Monday, September 19, 2011

What's the Punchline?

Earlier this year, I saw Alternative Press tweet a link taking me to an online article.  They wrote about a fight that broke out between the bands Punchline and Brokencyde - Brokencyde ganged up on one of the members of Punchline.  Punchline played the pity card asking fans to download their album and maybe donating money to them.  Normally I wouldn't indulge in something like this, but Brokencyde has a bad reputation with me so I decided to download Punchline's album and donate money.  Thing is, I never really listened to the album - I always skipped over their songs.

I finally listened to them, and they're pretty good.  I listened to the songs "21 Forever," "Keystoned," and "Ghostie."  They've got the pop-punk rock sound going on, which is right down my alley.  Their music is really energetic and will get your head nodding.  Something about the lead singer's voice stuck out to me - it's unique or maybe he sings in a unique way.  I love the guitar work a lot, and it's mainly what I hear when I listen to them.

"Keystoned" bored me a little bit, so if you're interested or planning on listening to them, I would recommend listening to "Ghostie" (video above) or "21 Forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment