Monday, December 5, 2011

Forever the Sickest Kids - Mistletoe is for Quitters



It seems as though there's a trend among many bands to post Christmas songs during the winter season.  From the many I've seen, I decided to post this one because I don't think that I've posted about these guys yet.  Dallas boys from Forever the Sickest Kids release their two cents of a Christmas song for the holiday season, "Mistletoe is for Quitters."  For some reason, bands like to pick obscure song titles that don't capture the sound of the song.  This song is a sweet acoustic ballad of original verses woven with the lyrics from "I'll Be Home for Christmas," and I think it works well together.  Most of the music that I hear from FTSK is upbeat, so it's refreshingly nice to hear something slower and bittersweet.  I can see them playing this song at a coffee shop while it's snowing outside.  What do you guys think?  Yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment