Thursday, March 15, 2012

South by Southwest Day 2

Not much is going to be written for this post because I didn't actually see any shows today, but Vicci graciously let me film her interviews with several bands today for Rock Edition!  Plus it was a good experience and great learning to finally experiment with my filming skills.


The first interview of the day took place at Whole Foods with Austin-based Speak.  I had heard of them through Vicci cause she saw them play a show awhile back, so I was looking forward to meeting them!  They seemed like a a serious and reserved cohesive group, but they look like they'd be a good time to see!  They play tomorrow (Friday March 16th 2012) at Maggie Mae's Gibson Room at midnight, so if you're around, check them out!  I think I might!  Maybe!


Next up was Black Taxi at the Loft Cafe!  These guys were a little more exciting and lively to talk to.  They weren't afraid to share personal experiences - no matter how embarrassing - and I learned a bit about their music.  I believe they had a show tonight at Hotel Vegas, but unfortunately I was not able to go!  Follow them on Twitter to keep track of their upcoming shows!


I remember Vicci showing me a Charlie Simpson video, and I enjoyed it!  From overseas Charlie Simpson played one acoustic song, "Sundown" (below), and answered questions in an interview.  "Sundown" was probably the closest thing to an actual performance, and it was really good.  His voice is raspy and crisp at the same time, and with the other members accompanying him, they make beautiful harmonies.  It was beautiful, and it even gained them a new fan not including me.  He plays on Saturday (March 17th 2012) at the Hotel Cafe at midnight, so be sure to check him out if you can!




Day three is Vicci's day off, so more adventures await us!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment