Monday, July 23, 2012

Anchors


Band number nineteen on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Anchors.  I found these fellas after they started following me in Instagram.  They're a five (but looks like four) piece metal/hardcore band from California, and from the pictures I've seen on Insta, they seem pretty intense.

Upon hearing their music, I instantly identified them to fit in with the Houston We Have a Problem lineup.  In my honest opinion, they're alright - they're good but I'm not jumping for joy mainly because of the unclean vocals being the only vocals.  Don't get me wrong, I like heavy music, but this particular level of heaviness is not my usual cup of tea because I personally enjoy some clean vocals to balance it out.  I wouldn't particularly rock out to their music, but I can definitely see a crowd getting rowdy to it.  The guitar line is good and their breakdowns are pretty good, so I can rock to that.

They seem like a young group, so I think they've got something going for them and can definitely grow some more as a band.  They released their Unsinkable EP this past way, which is on iTunes.  Currently, they have no upcoming shows or tours planned because they're working on a new record titled Reflections.  I'm curious to see how these guys will turn out, so I'll definitely be keeping up with them!

2 comments: