Saturday, September 29, 2012

All Time Low - "Outlines"


All Time Low released another single from Don't Panic (due in about two weeks!) called "Outlines," which was featured in the promo video showing snippets from a few songs (see video below).  Out of the singles they've released, this one is probably the most rock, and it makes for a perfectly good jam.  I can easily rock around my room playing intense air-guitar or head bang at a live show (in a month, hey hey).

At first when I heard it, I immediately thought, "Hmm, Somewhere in Neverland is better," but after the second listen to it, it's already grown onto me and currently on repeat.  Relatively around the chorus, it has the same feel as "Time Bomb" - the music progression is somewhat similar in my ears.  I have a weird habit of comparing songs to "Time Bomb" a lot, and don't ask cause I don't know why.

I really like Jason Vera's vocal work at the refrain because he has a nice range; clean and crisp higher vocals.  My favorite part of the song is the breakdown at the bridge.  Even though it's repeated lyrics, the drums and the guitar progression sounds awesome and that's probably where I'm going to be head banging to when I see them live.


All Time Low has really been harping on this philosophy of living life and being high off of it and never letting a dull moment pass by.  Not complaining cause it's a good message to put in songs.  I seriously cannot wait for them to be in Texas cause I haven't seen them since April 2010 at Stubb's Outdoor venue.  I have no doubts that they will put on a great show as always.  November just needs to get here faster!


No comments:

Post a Comment