Friday, January 4, 2013

We Came As Romans - "Hope"


To kick off 2013, I want to write about We Came As Romans' new song "Hope" (below), a second single to follow "Let These Words Last."

I don't think that We Came As Romans can write a song that I won't like.  For this particular song, I thoroughly enjoy Kyle's vocals cause he intensifies it by nearly going into unclean vocals.  One more vocal push going into and coming out of the chorus and he would be joining Dave.

The song's message proposes the idea of leading people through hope, and it's time to stand up and make a voice for yourself.  I love when bands make songs like this that encourage listeners to believe in themselves.

"Hope" sounds like it'd be a really good intense song to rock out to live, and I HOPE I get the chance to February 16th when they come to Austin on the Take Action Tour with The Used.  They'll definitely get the crowd going with this one.  The chorus almost acts as a unified chant, with lyrics easy to learn, and shouting them at a live show would bring the audience together.

No comments:

Post a Comment