Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't you wish you could Time Travel?

So NeverShoutNever's new album "Time Travel" released yesterday (September 20, 2011) and this video was released as well.  I used to listen to a lot of his old music, so I was curious to see what he's been up to.

This isn't a song that I would jam to, but I'd probably only listen to it if I was laying in my bed closing my eyes.  Honestly, I feel like I'm in a trance induced by drugs - I even think he references them in his lyrics.  The video itself makes me think I'm on drugs because it's spacey looking.  I will point out that he's not as nasal and whiny sounding as he usually is, but the vocals still add to the drug-feeling effect.  I guess we all know what he's been up to! 

I know that Bobby Mares of My Genuine Find gets compared to Christofer Drew (NSN) a lot, but I can't help feel that Drew's song reminds me of Mares's "Hello Universe" (above) in terms of the way it sounds - they both include space sounding elements and they kind of sound similar vocally.  Whenever I was listening to "Time Travel" my ears were anticipating the chorus from "Hello Universe."

The last time I saw NeverShoutNever was last October when he was introducing himself as a new band: Christofer Drew and the Shout, and he claimed to wanting to change his sound to more classic rock.  What happened to that?  Obviously hasn't happened yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment