Sunday, September 11, 2011

Let's Have a Wreck

After seeing three full-page ads in the last issue of AP Magazine, Drive A was practically screaming for me to listen to them.  They're a rock band from Los Angeles, California.  It's been awhile since I've listened to rock music, so I decided to check these guys out.  There are two songs on their Music Facebook page: "The World in Shambles" and "Let's Have a Wreck," and I also found "Revolt" (video above) from their website. 

Honestly, after seeing so many ads for them, I was a little disappointed.  They're not bad, but they didn't WOW! me.  The best song of the three, I thought, was "Revolt".  I first listened to "The World in Shambles" and that was a bit of a let-down because I got bored halfway through the song, but after listening to "Revolt," Drive A redeemed themselves in my head.  The music is good but not amazing.  The raspy, straining vocals work for some bands, but I wasn't feeling it for this one.  When I was listening to the music, the drums fascinated me and I tuned into their sound - there was some head-nodding happening.

Nowadays I wouldn't typically listen to rock music, and I wouldn't start with this band.  But if they were coming to play in Texas, I'd go see them because I imagine these guys to be good live, so I'll keep an open ear.

If you like what you hear, go "like" them on Facebook and you can download some free tracks from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment