Wednesday, September 28, 2011

#UNBROKEN

So it's been a week since the release of her fourth album, "Unbroken," and I still haven't got a physical copy of it.  BUT...my sister called dibs to buy it anyway, so I let her do that.  I listened to the album on Spotify, and I have to say that I wasn't as thrilled as I thought I was gonna be.  No doubt that her voice is still marvelous, but the sound of her music now is so RADIO sounding.  Not that I have anything against radio songs...it's just different, but it's safe to say that "Fix a Heart" is still my favorite song on the album along with "Lightweight" too I might add.  She's definitely gearing towards a poppy sound, and at one point I thought I was listening to an intro for a Breathe Carolina song - now that was weird.  Needless to say I am delighted to have her back making music after a long struggle, and I have no doubts she will continue to inspire.

For a more detailed and thorough review go to Album Confessions!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link and shoutout! Really like what you are doing with your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete