Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ya better Believe

On September 10, 2011, Versecity played an album release show in honor of releasing their brand new album, HYBRID!  These guys are from Houston, and I was a bit sad I couldn't be there Saturday night for the release!  No doubt that I will buy the album and jam to it!  You should also check out their tunes or maybe even buy their new album!  Help my hometown boys out!

                              (photo taken by: Jill Wilde)

I've seen them perform live twice, and from the first time I saw them, I loved them - they really got the crowd going.  One song that stuck out to me is their rockified-rendition of Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" which they named "Tik Tok Rok".  Whenever it comes onto my iTunes or my phone's music, I never skip it because I just love listening to the way they made it their own.

                              (photo taken by: Jill Wilde)

The second time I saw them live...it was a smaller show, a different atmosphere but an outstanding performance nevertheless.  I really listened to all the words lead singer, Micah Walker, was singing, especially to the inspirational ballad "Believe".  That song gave me goosebumps.  For all the songs (and covers) they played, I could feel the passion behind their music, a feeling that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment