Monday, October 3, 2011

Feeling a Little Lo?


The Daily Texan describes them as "a very fine balance between the intimate gauzy dynamics of a minimalist pop group while retaining all the bombast of an indie rock group."

Well after hearing the band, Little Lo, you won't be feeling so low anymore!  This group of people are a local band from Austin and right here on the UT campus!  I've met about half of them cause we work together in the Music Entertainment Committee, and I was supposed to see them play last semester but couldn't go.
The sound is interesting.  I hear a diverse mixture of instruments: the typical rock instruments with strings and brass instruments blended together to make a cool sound.  At first I wanted to say they were a pop rock group, but that's not what they are at all - they've got an indie vibe to their sound.  I think what caught my attention the most were the cool rhythm sequences and catchy melodies.  Their sound is pretty chill and mellow, and I imagine  myself relaxing in a dark lounge sipping on coffee.  They kind of remind me of Pete and Pirates, a band from England that played at the venue I worked at for SXSW.

If you're in the mood for something different (in a good way), definitely check these guys out and get their music!  Go to their website for updated news and dates for shows around Texas and follow them on Twitter.  They'll be playing at The Parish October 27th at 7PM so mark your calendars!

No comments:

Post a Comment