Monday, October 3, 2011

Everything's an Illusion


Mayday Parade will be releasing a self-titled album tomorrow, October 4th, but today they have the entire album streaming.

I feel like their sound has changed just a tad, but I can't put my finger on it.  Sometimes I hear a tiny hint of country rock, a dash of pop rock, but still hear a pinch of their normal pop punk rock.  Some of the songs have slowed a little in tempo - not quite ballads - the songs are upbeat, but not as upbeat as their old songs that audiences can easily jump to.  Well, at least from the upbeat songs that I have in my iTunes.  So far, my favorite on the album is "Oh Well, Oh Well."  Mayday Parade still sing of lost love and heartache, and I love it - though that in itself sounds pretty depressing.

These guys will be playing in Austin on November 8th at the new Emo's East on The Noise Tour Powered by Journeys along with We Are the In Crowd, You Me At Six, There For Tomorrow, and The Make.  Be there or be square!

No comments:

Post a Comment