Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's The Good Life


Stereo Skyline released a teaser trailer and debut song, "That Everything," for their upcoming album, The Good Life, dropping November 1st.  For reasons I'm unaware of, the band is down two members, leaving only the lead singer, Kevin, and drummer, Rob.

Their sound has shifted from pop rock to just pop, and I don't know how I feel about it.  The melodies sound relatively the same, the music's sort of catchy, but I'm not jumping up and down.  Now that I think about it, before the band split, their last album, Stuck on Repeat, wasn't amazing - just mediocre.  The music's not bad to listen to, but I can easily skip these songs on my iTunes or my phone.

In November, they're going on tour in Japan with The Cab, EleventySeven, and The Summer Set, so this will be a good test run for the new stuff!  Let's see where these guys go!


(teaser trailer)



("That Everything")

This song has been out for almost a day now, and there is already a controversy attached to it.  Fans are accusing Stereo Skyline of copying the same exact song from One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful." 



I've never heard of One Direction before, but I seem them ALL over Tumblr.  I listened to both, and I have to side with the fans.  The songs sound VERY similar except One Direction's song is more pop rock based compared to Stereo's poppiness - plus the lyrics are completely different.  I wonder what Stereo's reaction to this is.

If he was hoping this would gain him more publicity or more popularity, I don't think his expectations will be met because he's getting a lot of negative criticism for this song alone.  Not to mention that One Direction's song is better...so Stereo's in some hot water right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment