Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Let there be LIGHTS


A lot of people I know are big fans of LIGHTS.  I don't know how I never sat down and listened to her music.  Her album Siberia dropped yesterday, October 4th, and everyone was making a big deal about it so I decided to take a listen.

Honestly, it's not UHMAZING but it's not terrible either.  It's just okay.  This album has a rather slow tempo feel to it, real mellow.  I'm not gonna lie... when I heard the song "Everybody Breaks Glass," I could have sworn it was Selena Gomez singing. Yikes! moment.  I haven't heard an electronic pop female artists before, and I think it suits her.  If she was going for "pretty girl make pretty music," she has my vote.  I'm not too sure that her pretty voice would work well with the sound of rock instruments because she doesn't have a powerful voice.  Now I'm curious to see her live.  Probably sings with her Mac at shows.


A friend showed me this song before, and I prefer this over most of Siberia.  You gotta admit, the music video is really cute.  Maybe that's why I like this song more.  If I were to listen to LIGHTS, it'd probably when I'm doing homework or something.

1 comment:

  1. i heard of this girl before, she was suppose to be capitalizing on Owl City's success, they do sound alike, but i feel she is good in her own ways! I like this song and video. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete