Monday, October 10, 2011

U.N.I.


I was advised by a friend to listen to Ed Sheeran, and I did!  Ed is a singer songwriter from London who plays happy, heartfelt mellow songs.  Some of them are acoustic, some are electronic pop sounding, and some are the mixture of the two.  Either way, his music is kool - I really like his sound (not to mention his British accent while he sings)!  I can't think of any other word than chill to describe his music.  As every song opens almost every single time, I imagine a music video sequence of someone waking up in the morning to sunlight seeping through the blinds.  In a sense, he reminds me of YouTube star, Tyler Ward, or vice versa. They both have nice voices complimented by a guitar.  The songs that aren't acoustic - I feel like they can be on the radio.  They've got a good beat, catchy melodies, and they make you nod your head ("You Need Me, I Don't Need You").

Go listen to "U.N.I." because he does a ridiculous fast rap at the beginning, and that really caught my attention. 

It looks as though he's staying put in the UK - sad, I'd like to see this fellow live. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Siri, there are lots of things I like about your blog, obviously since I already follow it. 1) You actually listen and talk about the songs I suggest :D 2) The fact that you talk about your own personal experiences with the music. It makes it that much more entertaining because it makes it more human, I guess? 3) You post a lot, which is awesome too cause I feel like there is always something to read from you.

    ReplyDelete