Monday, November 28, 2011

Blackout by Breathe Carolina on the radio


So a shocking discovery was made over the holiday break: Breathe Carolina is on the effing radio!  My sister and I are just cruising on the road when I hear "Blackout" - their recent hit single - and I nearly stop the car and flip shit!  As some people would put it, "That shit cray!"  This is the first (okay second) time that an "underground" band that I listen to is on mainstream radio; the first being The Ready Set's "Love Like Woe."

Not that I'm not happy for this great achievement, but there is always that small "hipster" part of me that is thinking, "Well that's great.  Everyone is going to fall in love with them and I'll have to stop listening to them," which I refuse to do because I really do love Breathe Carolina (with thanks to my best friend for introducing me to them).  The thing is..."Blackout" is probably one of my least favorite songs on the album, but hey - it's got a nice beat to it and it's catchy therefore radio-worthy.  It's been said that half of their latest album, Hell is What You Make It, is half radio-friendly songs and the other half is their usual heavy sound.  I much prefer the heavier songs on their album than the radio stuff they put out, but it's whatever.


"Blackout" - Breathe Carolina

Another factor that might have to do with their recent exposure is that they are going on tour with Flo Rida.  Enough said.

Congrats to Breathe Carolina for making it onto the radio, but I hope to be able to see them live again before they get too big!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted this, I talked about Breathe Carolina and the possible success of this song a few weeks back: http://albumconfessions.blogspot.com/2011/11/songs-stuck-on-re-peat-peat-peat.html... They do deserve the exposure!

    ReplyDelete