Monday, November 14, 2011

Hallelujah


I realize this cover video was released back in September (where has the semester gone?!), but one of my friends who occassionally does photography for There For Tomorrow showed this to me earlier and I really like it.

Maika Maile (such a beautiful name), lead singer of There For Tomorrow, recorded a cover version of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen as a tribute to Jeff Buckley.  This song is incredibly pretty, and it's interesting to see this rocker maintaining the prettiness of it.  There are still hints of a rock sound, but I feel as if it's sublte and still staying true to the song.  On top of that, Maika's sweet and vulnerable voice is to die for.  Normally, I've always heard it really strong and powerful, but in this cover, it's still powerful but in a soft way - if you can make sense of that.  Listening to this song puts me in deep thought about life, and all I need to do now is light a candle in my pitch black room.

No comments:

Post a Comment