Monday, November 14, 2011

Let's Drive to Juneau


A few days ago, the lead singer of this band, Juneau, followed me on my Tumblr site so naturally I had to check them out.  Not to be confused by the name of the character in the actual movie played by Ellen Page, Juneau is another Houston-based band!

Although they don't have actual music on their Facebook, they do have it on Reverb Nation.  There are three songs on there: "Drive," "Bittersweet Surprise," and "Secrets."  If you're looking for upbeat music to get your day started, listen to "Drive" and/or "Secrets," and if you want something mellow or heartfelt, listen to "Bittersweet Surprise."  Their more upbeat songs are somewhat reminiscent of the band, Honor Bright, who unfortunately decided to call it quits this summer.  They both have a sound that is borderline rock going into pop rock (especially "Secrets"), but I feel that Juneau is lending itself in the direction of pop rock.

I'm gonna say that I like this band especially because I really love the guitar.  If they came back around to playing shows in Texas, I would definitely see them.  Right now they're preparing for a couple of non-local shows in Winsconsin touring alongside Rookie of the Year, so hopefully they play shows here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment