Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kenneth Rivera

It's been about two years since my dear friend, Kenneth (Kenny) Rivera, departed from the suburbs of Houston, Texas to spread his wings and fly to the crazy world that is Los Angeles, California.  Since his graduation, he has been working nonstop, and once he arrived in L.A., he went on a mission to reach for the stars.  I couldn't possibly tell you all the countless accomplishments he's told me about from the past two years...theatrical productions, tours, writing music, dancing on TV...just to name a few.

Two of the biggest things he's achieved, in my opinion, is the release of his debut single, "B Who U R," (with below music video) and becoming a dancer for the Nickelodeon hit show, Victorious, which you should watch and look for him!  I remember being ecstatic when I found out that he had a music video coming out, and it looks like a lot of fun.  The song itself (available on iTunes) is an empowering song about loving yourself and embracing who you are without giving a damn what other people think about you.  Quite the inspiring tune.

Currently, Kenny is in the process of writing more music and working on another music video.  Follow him on Twitter to get instant updates about what he's doing, and to read more about his journey in detail, read this feature article about him!


Ever since I've known Kenny, his passion was always (and will continue to be) about music.  One summer I visited California, and it was amazing to catch up with him and hear all of the wonderful stories about his new life in L.A.  His journey has been a great one so far, but I'm sure that it's far from over.  I cannot say enough how proud I am of him and how much he's accomplished!  It's unreal for me to see him pursuing his wildest dreams - just imagine how he must feel!  Be on the lookout guys, he's the next big thing.  He is the sweetest guy you will ever meet and probably one of the most inspiring.  Hopefully one day I can embark on my own musical journey and join him in Hollywood, but until then, I wish him all the best and can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment