Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Beyond December "Her" teaser


The Aussie boys from Beyond December released a teaser for an upcoming music video for the song "Her," which drops December 26, 2011 - that makes it next Monday.  They also have an album titled Discontinued that will be available for fans on New Years' day!

I discovered these guys on YouTube by stumbling upon cover videos made by their lead singer, Sam Koster.  They used to be known as The Blaqk Year but dissolved into Beyond December.  These guys have a lot of different sounds going on, but in a general sense I'd categorize them as pop rock with hints of techno, hardcore, and punk.  What really won me over is their rendition of Rebecca Black's "Friday."  You might think me crazy to like the song in the first place, but Beyond December does the song so much better than the original, which, if you think about it, shouldn't be that hard to do.  There are different covers of it out there, but Beyond December's version is my favorite:



One day I hope to see them make a trip to the States, so take a listen and spread the word about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment