Monday, December 12, 2011

Christofer Drew/Gonzo - Earthling


Christofer Drew of Nevershoutnever has had a new side project mixing dubstep tracks under the name of Gonzo, and he recently released the track "Earthling" (below).

Now I'm no expert on dubstep, but I've listened to the other songs he's mixed and they sound more like trance music than dubstep.  There are some dubstep elements in small snippets of the songs but overall it sounds techno-trance especially with the echoing chanting that's mixed into a few of the songs.  The songs sound like they would fit perfectly in a club - I'm sure dubstep could be played a club too, but you get my point.

I think it's interesting to see some of these bands segueing into the dubstep scene.  Can't say I blame them since dubstep is the really big right now - Skrillex is up for a nomination at the Grammy's for "Best New Artist!"  Anyway, a couple of songs are up for free download on Gonzo's soundcloud, so if you like what you hear, be sure to snag a copy of it for yourself!

Earthling by The GONZO

No comments:

Post a Comment