Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hey Monday Christmas EP, taking a break, Cassadee solo tour

Please excuse my absence from the blog!  Busy family stuff AND I'm sick in bed!


Anyway, a really big story that's been buzzing is that pop rock band, Hey Monday, has announced they are taking a break after their lead singer, Cassadee Pope, announced her solo tour to take off in 2012.  Cassadee released the official statement below:
"...Hey everyone! Cassadee here. I know since I announced my solo acoustic tour, there has been a lot of rumors and confusion swirling around. I wanted to let you all know that Hey Monday is not "broken up." We are, however, taking a break and pursuing things on our own. In my case, that is a solo project. I hope you all understand that this does not mean we'll never release new music or tour ever again. I just felt the need to fill you all in since I've gotten a good amount of questions pertaining to this. Me and the guys are still friends and always will be, and this was a decision we all agreed was for the best. I could not have imagined experiencing everything we were able to with a different group of people, our crew included! So we would really appreciate all of your support with this decision. We love you guys and we thank you for everything you've done for this band and each one of us individually. We have the best fans ever...."

It's a relief to know that they aren't officially breaking up like some bands have this past semester, but let's keep our fingers crossed that they get back together after the break. 


To keep fans tied over for the meantime, Hey Monday released a Christmas EP consisting of four songs - Cassadee's voice in "O Holy Night" is phenomenal.  Honestly, I'm a little bogged down with all the Christmas music that these bands are putting out, but I guess it's good to see that they're all getting into the holiday spirits and want to share it with fans.


I'm curious to see what Cassadee has in store for fans on her solo tour.  She claims to have a set with Hey Monday songs and songs that she's been working on on her own time, so it should be interesting!  Looking at the dates, she's not venturing to the south - more specifically Texas - so anyone who gets the chance to see her should!  I think Cassadee is one of the most talented female vocalists in the alternative music scene because her vocals never disappoint when she performs live!

No comments:

Post a Comment