Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I See Stars new song "Filth Friends Unite"


It has begun.  I See Stars talked about releasing an album in 2012, and it has begun.  The boys had been talking about making the new album heavier, and heavier it is.  In the last month, "Filth Friends Unite," has served as a new raucous anthem for I See Stars fans (audio below).

I admit I haven't stopped listening to this song ever since they released it.  There is still a mix of hardcore and electronic pop, but I also hear tiny snippets of dubstep, which seems to be spreading like a virus.  What really gets me into the song is the pounding beat pulsing underneath Devin's bridge vocals (starting at 2:40) - I'm a huge sucker for infectious beats.  Just fair warning: don't let Jeff's screaming scare you cause it just adds to the song's intensity in my opinion.  "Filth Friends Unite" has recently been released onto iTunes, so check it out and grab it for yourself!  I can't imagine what the crowd would be like hearing this live.  I really wish they would come back to Austin.

Along with this new song, I See Stars also revealed the name of their new album, Digital Renegade, which will drop March 13th 2012.  Get stoked!  Currently they're on the "Leave it 2 the Suits" tour, so check their tour dates and see if they're playing in your city!


(I See Stars - "Filth Friends Unite" - start at 0:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment