Saturday, March 31, 2012

South by Southwest Day 4

After a fun-filled hectic night Friday night, Saturday March 17th 2012 was much more chill and mellow.  The main event that I saw was the Alternative Press tour, and I only saw Forever the Sickest Kids and Breathe Carolina.


I've seen Forever the Sickest Kids the most since I started going to concerts my freshmen year, and they still get the crowd pumped.  Even when they played a mall show in Houston with acoustic instruments, they still got the crowd going.  They played old and new songs, which I could appreciate.  I never knew that people could mosh to their music, but apparently it's possible and I saw it with my own eyes!  Honestly I would have more to say, but I was more focused on the fact that some inconsiderate dude decided to be a creeper and hoist a teenage girl on his shoulders ... point being, her ass was literally in my face.  I couldn't enjoy the show as much because of that jerk.


This was my second time in a row to see Breathe Carolina at SXSW, and their performance never got old.  I do have to say, though, that the Fearless Records showcase performance was much better, and it's probably because these guys were most likely tired and hungover from partying too much the night before - heyyyyy!  But regardless, they still did an awesome job and got crazy.  Sean (pictured left) even climbed up onto the wooden planks on the cieling (it was an outdoor venue so I don't know if it's really considered a ceiling).  If you have spare time, you should check out their last album Hell Is What You Make It, and in my opinion, "Blackout," that you hear on the radio a lot doesn't do them much justice.  Take a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment