Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Memphis May Fire


Finally.  I'm starting to crack down on my "Bands to Listen to" list due to the amount of bands that started following me on Twitter since spring break!  The first one up is Memphis May Fire.  Currently I'm temporarily deactivated from Facebook, so I searched the band's name on YouTube and listened to the first three songs that popped up: "The Victim," "The Sinner," and "Ghost in the Mirror."

Overall, their sound is a mix between I See Stars and Pierce the Veil - both good hardcore/screamo/pop rock bands that I also recommend checking out.  The vocalist from Memphis May Fire takes on both roles as a singer and screamer, and I think he does a good job at it.  From just listening, you'd think there are two people working on vocals similarly to I See Stars Devin-Zack dynamic, but it's just one guy.  Sometimes in one lyric he'll sing and scream at the same time - he may start the line singing then transitions into screaming and back into singing again.  Because singing and screaming resonate in every song, the heavy/non-heavy sound balances out; some songs are heavier than others, but in general, it's not hard to listen to.  I can see these songs being rocked out to on stage, and there's definitely potential for head banging and a rowdy crowd.

And just my luck, these guys will be playing at this year's Warped Tour!  Fun fact: this will be my first ever Warped Tour, and I'm stoked beyond belief.  Anyways, I'm intrigued to see these guys live.  I have no doubt that they won't disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. See! You SEE how much harder life is without Facebook?! But yeah, I need to check these guys out lol

    ReplyDelete