Sunday, April 8, 2012

Audrey Fall


Band number two on my "Bands to Listen to" list: Audrey Fall.  The first thing you should know about them is that they're from Latvia!  Congrats to them for being the first Latvian band that I'm listening to!  Again, because I disabled myself from my Facebook, I searched them on YouTube and listened to the most played songs:  "Ghosts," "Love is Profession," "Cartesian Coordinates."

The first thing that I noticed and probably one of the most interesting things I've heard from this post-hardcore band is the screamer - the screaming sounds more like chanting to me and I kinda like it!  It definitely took me by surprise but I think it works well with their sound.  My ears could be playing tricks on me but in some aspects, Audrey Fall sort of reminds me of We Came As Romans as far as drums and guitar goes, and sometimes they exhibit the same type of contrast between the screamer and the singer similarly to WCAR, which I'm not complaining about ("Cartesian Coordinates" is where I heard this).  One thing that I really like about Audrey Fall is that sometimes they don't have any vocals and focus on the music track itself ("Love is a Profession").  It gave me time to really listen and appreciate the music, so in all honesty, I feel as if I would only listen to their music more than acutally going out to see them although if I was invited to go see them somewhere, I wouldn't object to it.

No indication on whether these guys will be in the US, let alone Texas, anytime soon, but they do have an EP out called Daylight Owls where you can hear these lovely tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment