Thursday, April 26, 2012

Empire Holiday "Ballroom Murder"


The day finally came!  April 24th 2012 finally arrived!  After waiting a long time for their debut return, fans of Empire Holiday can rock out to their music once again.  Their first track release goes by the name of "Ballroom Murder," and I personally love it.  I played it a million times when it came out on Tuesday - I'm so damn proud of my boys.

The major change that EH fans would probably recognize is the change from the pop rock sound of their old stuff to the more electronic screamo sound they have now.  Ronnie screams more in this new song than all the old songs put together I think, and I am perfectly okay with this.  If you saw what he looked like, you would never guess that he could scream like that (;  When I asked Ronnie about the new sound, he referenced a lot of bands like We Came As Romans, Pierce The Veil, Skrillex, and Breathe Carolina.  After listening to the song multiple times, I'd definitely it's captured the Breathe Carolina sound the most with some hint of Skrillex, which is awesome.

Now, with returning bands, people instantly compare the newness to the oldness, but with EH, you can't really do that because the sounds are different.  I still appreciate and love the pop rock sound they had, but I definitely love this new sound too.  It makes me wanna dance like no one's around.  The beat easily pulses through your body to make you dance, and with the screaming in the choruses, pumping your fist is what you're going to be doing.  Can I just say that I cannot wait to see this live?

Please listen to the song and support my boys in Dallas!  You can listen to it on their Facebook page, but now you can buy the song on iTunes!  Stay tuned for more new music because they're just getting started and have more in store for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment