Monday, May 14, 2012

Mina Murray


Band number five on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Mina Murray.  These guys from Ohio also followed me on Twitter, so they were added to the list.

First thing I'd like to note, is that the music has a We Came As Romans feel with vocals similar to Kyle Pavone, but the screaming vocals resemble more Zach from I See Stars.  (Side note: I apologize for the constant comparisons to WCAR and ISS but that's what I think of when I listen to the music, and it should be taken as a compliment!)  I'm not sure if many bands do this often, but Mina Murray has both clean and screaming vocals singing at the same time, which is interesting and I like it.  We Came As Romans does that in their music sometimes, but it's more focused on the screaming - Mina Murray present both equally.

The songs aren't super upbeat but it's still got that rocking element going. As I'm listening to "Nixon and the Tree People" I'm doing a slow headbang to it. If you want to hear a more upbeat and rock out song, listen to "Kelsey" because the drums will get you going.  I'm curious to see how these guys perform live, but right now there aren't any tours planned or anything.  BUT!  They do have a new song coming out, so follow them on Twitter to get the updates on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment