Monday, May 14, 2012

Evelynn




Band number four on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Evelynn.  I found these guys when they followed me on Twitter, so of course I added them on my list of bands I needed to listen to.

Right now, there isn't any music on their Facebook page, so go to their YouTube page to check out their tunes. From what I heard and saw from their live music video, Evelynn seems like they can rock out. Their music has moments that the crowd could get crazy to. I say moments because not every song is 100% rock out - there are slower parts. That's not a bad thing though because I like to remember that hardcore music isn't just about getting crazy.

These Chicago guys sort of have the same aesthetics as I See Stars with the balance of clean and screaming vocals.  Usually some bands showcase more of either clean or screaming vocals, but I think Evelynn keeps it pretty equal.  However, I'm more into the sceaming vocals because the clean vocals are a little too whiny for my taste, but overall the vocal work is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment