Monday, June 4, 2012

Matinee at Midnight / A Horizon in Hues


Band number ten on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Matinee at Midnight // A Horizon in Hues.  One of the members, Zack Uchima, messaged me on Facebook a long time ago telling me to check out Matinee at Midnight, however, since it's been awhile since that conversation, him and two other members of Matinee at Midnight have started a new project: A Horizon in Hues.

I still gave Matinee at Midnight a listen.  They have a typical pop rock sound with simplistic lyrics that could get a crowd moving, and at some points in the songs, I heard a hint of Mayday Parade.  Right now, they have their The Heartbreak EP out along with a download for "It Starts Tonight" on their Facebook page.

Quite honestly, I would just listen to their music and would probably see them if they were touring with someone I want to see live.  I wouldn't 100% say that I would go out of my way to see them live because I think their music needs a little more umph to it, but I did very much enjoy their semi-acoustic song "Face It, You're a Natural Disaster."  I liked it better than the two songs I listened to, and the I think the singer's voice fit more with this song.  I also really enjoyed hearing the bass line build up to the full band sound.


Now, as I mentioned, Matinee at Midnight has somewhat shifted to A Horizon in Hues.  Three former members (including Uchima) started this new band claiming to having a rock'n'roll sound, so I'm curious to hear what they'll sound like.  They have a debut release show June 22nd 2012 in their hometown of Hagerstown, Maryland where they'll share the stage with Sparks the Rescue, Rocky Loves Emily, and more on the "Surrender Your Booty" tour, so if you're going to be there, I'd say check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment