Saturday, June 9, 2012

The National Anthem

www.apaha.org
Hey readers, Siri here.  This post is way overdue, but in late May I sang the national anthem at the Asian Pacific American Heritage Association gala at the Omni hotel in Houston and wanted to share it with you guys!  I'm not singing anything original or anything, but it's definitely a performance worth noting.  Whenever I see stars singing the national anthem it makes me think that they're really talented because it's not an easy song to sing live a cappella.  Not saying that I'm super talented or anything - I gave it my best - and I think I did it justice.  I mess up a few times and sometimes the mic acted up, but take a look and let me know what you think!  It was both fun and nerve-wracking at the same time, and I don't regret any second of it! I'm taking my music career one step at a time!  (:

A fun fact about my introduction: you don't hear it in the video but the anchorwoman from channel 11 KHOU introduced me as the iPhone Siri.  She said, "Now I know many of you have had the chance to talk with Siri on the new iPhone 4s, but tonight you get to meet the real Siri.  She not only talks but she can also sing.  So please help in welcoming her as she sings the national anthem, Siri Svay."


No comments:

Post a Comment