Monday, June 25, 2012

Owls in the Attic


Band number sixteen on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Owls in the Attic.  Just like most of the bands on this short segment, I found out about these guys via Twitter.  They’re five guys playing metalcore from Nashville, Tennessee and claim to have sounds similar to Devil Wears Prada, Of Mice and Men, We Came As Romans, and more, so of course I’d be interested in checking them out.


On Twitter, they've been promoting their song "The Buffalo Song," and I think it's a smart choice because out of the three most played songs on their Facebook page, this one was my favorite.  Within the first few seconds of it, I can see that these boys have kept their promise of musically sounding similar to We Came As Romans.  In the other two songs I listened to - "Green Means Go in Kentucky Too" and "From Older & Wiser" - they're a bit more mellow sounding.  Overall their music is enjoyable to listen to and I really like the guitar line in the music.


In all honesty, I feel like the vocals and the music don't exactly compliment each other that well, so there's a bit of a disconnected feeling for me.  I prefer listening to the clean vocals better because the screaming vocals aren't working too well for me, but one thing I do like about them is that I can actually understand the words that he's saying as opposed to many other screamers that I usually listen to.


I'd say that these guys would fit in with the Houston We Have a Problem festival bands.  They have no tour dates or shows planned out right now according to their Facebook page, but I'm curious to see how they rock out on stage.  If they ever come in the Texas area, I think I might go see them live and see what they've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment