Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pierce the Veil - "King for a Day"


Here's a band that I haven't listened to in awhile.  I was on Tumblr last night and saw Vicci had reflagged a new song from Pierce the Veil featuring Sleeping with Siren's singer, Kellin Quinn.  The song goes by the name of "King for a Day," and it is rocking.


Upon hearing the first few bars of the song, it has an overall eerie feeling, which remains evident throughout the song and I am a fan.  The song has been on repeat for awhile now cause I can't stop listening to it.  Two things that distinctly stand out to me is the guitar line at the breakdown and the ending when all you hear is someone say, "Shit."  In its entirety, "King for a Day" is hands-down going to get the crowd incredibly rowdy.

I think there's a good balance between clean and screaming vocals, and Vic and Kellin's voices blend well together even though sometimes I can't tell who's singing.  Honestly, I prefer listening to the verses and refrains (before the choruses) because they're much more intense.  The drums and the vocals match tempo really well and it makes me wanna head bang.  Call me crazy but I love a good song to imagine myself getting crazy to.

Pierce the Veil has a new album coming out this summer on July 17th 2012 titled Collide With the Sky, and I can't wait to hear what they've been working on for the longest time!  I still have yet to see them live, but I finally will at Warped Tour!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment