Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The After Party - Kansas


The After Party's much anticipated summer EP, Kansas, released today for the Party girls and it includes their recent single, "Waste the Day."  I recently saw these guys at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, and they played a couple of new songs from the EP which were quite emotional and heartfelt.  But don't let that discourage you from buying it!

In just seven songs, Kansas showcases different songs evoking different emotions and feelings a person could have, and I think that is great.  Overall it's got more of a pop rock sound as opposed to the more poppy sound they had before, and I think it works well for the Summer of Love tour coming up in a week - sorta reminds me of Allstar Weekend's sound, which I can't complain about.  For the fans of 90s boy bands, the ballad, "Here Comes the Rain," sounds similar to a song from that boy band era.  They'll keep you jumping and dancing on your feet, so don't hesitate to buy the album!


Now, many, if not all, of The After Party fans are aware of the disheartening news of the departure of Kenny, the lead singer, from the band.  He is now pursuing a solo project called Ken Rice, and he's currently writing music for it.  I'm glad to hear that fans are still supporting him - I know I will - and I hope all goes well with this new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment