Monday, July 9, 2012

Lostprophets


Band number seventeen on Siri's "Band to Listen to" list: Lostprophets.  You all know my lovely friend, Vicci, right?  Well, this was a suggestion made by her!  I listened to "Bring 'Em Down," "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)," and "We Bring an Arsenal" because they had the most plays on their Facebook page.

"Bring 'Em Down" was a music video with one million views, which I think is impressive.  I feel like I'm just getting to the party that has already started - but better late than never I guess!  Their sound is quite enjoyable.  No matter what tempo or theme there is in each different song, they all have one purpose: to rock out.  Even with a softer and deeper song such as "Rooftops" still has that rock out element to it.

The music is intense and it makes me wanna head bang to it.  Personally, for me, my favorite is the drums.  They just seem to catch my attention with its pounding beat that I can feel pulsing in my heart.  Listen to "We Bring an Arsenal"s verses and refrains to hear the epitome of that.  However, all components contributing to the band really rocks out, and it sounds like they'd give a damn good show.

I'm sad to report that these guys have not toured since 2006, but that should mean that a tour would be a good thing soon!  Why?  Right now they're playing Warped Tour (which I'm sad about cause I wish I had made time to see them), so with them on the road again, they should miss the feeling of tour and decide to tour again!  If they ever came to Texas, I'd go see them for sure.

For right now, you can go get their album, Weapons Deluxe Edition, at iTunes!  Go do it!

1 comment: