Monday, July 9, 2012

Polyphia


Band number eighteen on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Polyphia.  I found these fellow Texans from another friend of mine, and the one thing he said to me that really stuck to me was that these guys are talented musicians.  Yes, I am aware that almost everyone in the music industry is called a musician but these guys really are talented with their instruments.  Listen to the music - not saying the singers aren't important - but really listen.

They have a couple of instrumentals on their music page, and I think these give you the chance to really hear their sound and how awesome they are.  "An Evaporation" would be a good start since it's first, and it shows live footage of them playing the song.  (If you like Christmas songs, they did an instrumental cover of "Carol of the Bells")  There is one word that comes to mind...okay maybe two - 1.  insane and 2.  sick.  They are insanely sick.  The guitar finger work is insane especially the lead guitar lines, and I think that at one point the two guitarists switch and it further shows off how talented each member is.  Don't let me forget the dual drum pedals either.  Pure sickness.

Now with the addition of vocals...it's a perfect duo that I think is a recipe for awesomeness.  My ears hear clean vocals similar to Devin Oliver from I See Stars and unclean vocals similar to Dave Stephens from We Came As Romans.  Their vocals mixed with the awesome music is like an orgasm for my ears.  When my friend told me about this band, I didn't stop listening to them for a few hours.

Another exciting thing about this band is that they're from Texas, so that gives me plenty of chances to see them if they toured!  They'd definitely be a good show to go see live, but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy listening to the free music that they have up for download.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was just wondering if you still had the EP with the vocals on it. I've been looking for literally weeks, and it has yet to be found. Could you help me please? :(

    ReplyDelete