Monday, August 6, 2012

Delusions


Band number twenty-three on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Delusions.  These guys from New Jersey followed me on Instagram, and now I'm getting the chance to listen to them!

Their sound is heavier than my usual taste for heavy music, but I think I can listen to them more than other bands that I've listened to.  Does that make sense?  They're definitely worthy of the Houston We Have a Problem festival line-up because the intensity of their music is great.  Crowds can easily get rowdy to them and the drums even make me wanna try moshing - though I might break a bone or two or maybe worse.  Mainly the vocals are unclean, but when the clean and unclean sing together simultaneously, I really like it.  I enjoy hearing both of them contrast each other.  At one point in "Right From Wrong" I believe I hear three different vocal layers (unclean, higher pitched unclean, and clean) which I thought was interesting.

These guys are pretty good but unfortunately no shows or tours are coming up right now because they just got off tour with Legend, Dr. Acula, Bermuda, and Adaliah.  I wouldn't mind seeing them live, so maybe one day I can see them rock the stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment