Friday, September 14, 2012

I Can Believe I (Really) Like: Christina Aguilera's "Your Body"


Finally!  My vocal mama is back in the music scene with her first single, "Your Body," and I think I'm madly in love with it.  Maybe it's because I'm obligated to love everything Christina Aguilera, but in all honesty, it's not a biased love.  I've listened to "Your Body" about four times now, and I can't get enough of it.  I told my friend, Luis, that I can't wait to rock out to this song at karaoke.  It sounds like an awesome song to sing and dance to, and I definitely can't wait to hear it on the radio so I can jam in the car.

The one thing I listen for the most whenever I hear Christina sing is how she showcases her vocals.  With a powerful voice like hers, she has to flaunt it flawlessly, and no surprise here, she does in this song.  I can't wait to learn this song so I can jam along with her, and I can't wait to hit the clubs with this song playing because it's got a bumping beat that makes me wanna get on my feet and dance my ass off.

Apparently, the real lyrics at the chorus line "All I want to do is love your body" is really supposed to be "All I want to do is fuck your body" (got that detail from Luis).  I think that it definitely adds more sex appeal to the song than it already does, but if it's going to be a radio hit, they gotta do what they gotta do - remember Enrique Iglesias's "Tonight I'm loving you."

When I listen to the song, I can't help but think about "Not Myself Tonight," although I prefer this single better.  Christina talks about letting loose and going crazy on someone "tonight" which is prevalent in both songs with the small detail that she won't be kissing any girls in "Your Body."  Regardless of who she's loving tonight, the song is without a doubt drop dead hot and sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment