Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm not Surprised I Love: All Time Low - "Somewhere In Neverland"


Guys!  All Time Low was planning on dropping their newest single, "Somewhere in Neverland," from Don't Panic on Tuesday September 18th 2012, but I guess it leaked?!  No surprise here - I am absolutely in love with it.

From within the first bit of instrumental intro, I'm already hooked from the guitar progression.  One of the most profound things about this song is that it gives me the same feelings that "Time Bomb" from Dirty Work does for me, and that's an amazing feeling.  With its hypnotic drum line, "Somewhere in Neverland" makes me wanna jump up and down and dance - hell I even wanna crowd surf to this song.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm a giant sucker for giant metaphoric songs?  Well this song does a good job of capturing me because obviously Neverland is a reference to Peter Pan, yes?  The lyrics cater to Wendy to run away and wanna be lost in a better reality - Neverland.  The first verse accounts the boring and dull life activities of adulthood and the second verse express a yearning of a life to stay forever young, which alludes to Peter Pan never growing up.


I cannot get over Alex's vocals in this song, especially during the chorus.  His voice is captivating that I actually wanna take his hand and fly off to Neverland.  The melody of the chorus is simple to catch on easily, and no doubt that I'll be singing it in my head all day today instead of doing my school work.  I've already listened to this song about seven or eight times now while writing this post, and I am not sick of it one bit.

Going through the "All Time Low" tag on Tumblr...so far the reception of the Hustlers can be described in one word: perfection.  I haven't seen any negative feelings towards "Somewhere in Neverland" yet, but I don't think there should be because it's a really good song.  I can't wait to hear this song live on their fall tour - I see them on Wednesday November 7th 2012!  Go see them on tour if they're coming to a city near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment