Thursday, October 20, 2011

This is a Rebel Love Song


Black Veil Brides released their music video for "Rebel Love Song" yesterday (October 19th).  It's not bad.  Not super impressed by it.  It's the typical "band-narrates-the-video's-story" type deal.  Girl sneaks out with "bad boy" boyfriend and defies the authority of her father which in turn makes her a rebel.

I'm not gonna lie, in this video, Andy looks like the lovechild of Marilyn Manson and Jeffree Star.  Not saying that's a bad thing - just an interesting observation since there is controversy around the band's look.

Another quick observation...the first part of the chorus reminds me of Jason Mraz's chorus from "I'm Yours" except not as staccato.  I feel as if various artists have songs similar to Mraz (more specifically Nick Jonas in Camp Rock 2).

One last thing, I must say that I'm a fan of the guitar solo starting at 2:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment