Monday, January 30, 2012

Driver F "Ghosts" Music Video


Driver F released their music video for "Ghosts," and it's gotten quite a bit of views already!  They recently played a show this weekend in my hometown - whaddup H-Town?! - which I unfortunately could not attend.

As far as the song goes, the music is very upbeat and dance-feeling.  The only thing that potentially irks me is the repetitiveness of the lyrics.  They basically chant the same words over and over again, which leads me to believe that the video is meant to be more visual.

One of the most unique things about this video is the use of the camera shots. Almost every second that passes is a new angle and camera placement, keeping the viewers on their toes. This might be at the discretion of one of the members, Andy Rector, but I could be wrong. It might have been a vision for all of the guys, but if I remember correctly from two years ago, Andy told me himself that he was a Radio-Television-Film major like me!  You can tell just by watching this that all the guys are energetic and could very well put on a great live performance, which they do!

It's been awhile since I've seen Driver F - last time was at Stubb's Inside here in Austin, Texas.  Ever since then I've been trying to book them for a free show here on campus, but things just never seem to work out...EXCEPT they will be playing the RockOutLoud showcase March 18th 2012 after all of the SXSW festivities with The Background, a pretty well-known band from Dallas, Lift Off and more!  And as the end of the video suggests, the guys have an album, Bury A Dream, they're going to release on February 24th 2012, so be on the lookout for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment