Friday, February 24, 2012

Before The Mourning


Last semester I met this girl, Nikki (pictured bottom right), and we became pretty good friends thanks to a group project - which we aced!  I've been talking to her on and off while she's in LA for the UTLA program, and from the sounds of it, she's having a blast over there - now I can't wait to go there!  Anyway, amidst her studies/internship/fun in LA, she's in a heavy metal band called Before the Mourning.

They have one song up for download right now called "Dismember," and it's pretty intense.  It has an upbeat section with sick guitar and hardcore screaming but also a slower and emotional vocal chorus section, which I think contrasts each other well.  I hope they're able to tour in the future so I can see this live.  I can picture this being performed live from the stage and audience perspective, and the vision looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment