Monday, May 28, 2012

Austin Nivarel


Band number eight on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Austin Nivarel.  This cute fella started following me on Twitter during the SXSW craze, and I added him to the list!  Whenever I saw this guy's name, I thought it sounded familiar.  Then Vicci reminded me that she had written about him back in November on her blog!

She wrote a nice post about him, and we both basically agree on one thing about this Wisconsin artist: hearing his music will make you feel happy.  Even if the song isn't particularly about something happy, the music makes you feel that way anyway.  I listened to "Capable Love" and "Stuck Around," his two most played songs, and he definitely fits into the pop rock genre.  He's currently unsigned, but I think he should be!

He looks and sounds like the boy next door with that nice voice of his, and I'd say his sound is A Rocket to the Moon meets Stereo Skyline - more on the A Rocket to the Moon side because of the guitar.  When a song is more mellow, he sounds like ARTTM, but if the song is more upbeat, he sounds like Stereo Skyline.

Right now his Facebook page lets you listen to one song and one cover, and then after that you have to "like" his page to hear the rest.  If you're not convinced from those two songs, you can go to his Pure Volume page to hear the rest of his songs.  No tour dates are posted, but I hope he comes to Texas one day because I would not mind seeing him live!  Go check out his stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment