Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memphis May Fire - "Prove Me Right"


On Thursday, May 24th 2012, Memphis May Fire released a new lyric video for "Prove Me Right" (below).  You all probably remember Memphis May Fire as band number one on my list of "Bands to Listen to."

I'm not gonna lie, I really like the song a lot.  It's a good song to rock out to, and I absolutely love the drums in this song.  It gets me bopping my head, which could easily turn into me head banging at a live show.  One of my favorite things about Memphis May Fire is the good balance between of clean and screaming vocals.  The verses overall are screamed with a heavier sound then the choruses tone it down with just a rock sound and clean vocals.  It gives you the best of both worlds.


I think the best part of this song is the lyrics.  I absolutely love them.  The song basically says "Fuck you" to people who promised to be there but weren't, and that's really relatable to anyone who has ever had someone they thought they could count on but end up being let down.  "Prove Me Right" is very intense with its words, and it makes me think that there's a story behind it - perhaps an issue with a previous label?  I only say this because of my favorite lyric from the song, "Money hungry cowards sucking the blood out of the artists and killing the art."  Who knows?

After hearing this song, I am stoked to see these guys live at Warped Tour.  They have an album coming out June 26th titled Challenger, and you can pre-order it!  I would take advantage of this becase you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment