Monday, May 28, 2012

Serianna


Band number nine on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Serianna.  I found these guys when their guitarist, James Milbrandt (pictured left) started following me on Twitter, so I was curious to check out his band.  For those who keep up with my blog, you probably remember my post about Serianna's cover music video of Eminem's "Lose Yourself," and how I fell in love with it.

The three songs I listened to were two "new" tracks on their Facebook page, "Guilty Spark" and "Fragments," and the most played song, "Inheritors."  Overall I love their sound.  At times it reminds me of current I See Stars and at other times, We Stitch These Wounds Black Veil Brides.  I'm not sure if anyone will find the BVB comment as an insult (cause apparently they're not very well liked?) but I say it as a compliment.  But for sure, they'd definitely fit in well with the Houston We Have a Problem festival line up.

In comparison to "Lose Yourself," their muic sounds darker, which I am perfectly okay with.  I still find it very impressive that the singer, Chris, does both clean and screaming vocals, and in my opinion, I think they have a good balance between the two.  I also think that the guitar really shines in most of the songs.  I don't know what it is, but I hear the guitar the most.  One interesting aspect is when they incorporate a chant at the end of some of their songs because I can see them chanting on stage and getting the audience to chant with them.

Unfortunately, Saturday (May 26th 2012) was their last tour date, and no new ones have been added.  I cannot emphasize enough how sad I was that I couldn't see them when they played in San Antonio (stupid finals!), so whenever they come back to Texas, I'm definitely going - I really want to see them live!

No comments:

Post a Comment