Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Joceyln


Band number fourteen on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: Jocelyn.  I found out about these fellas whenever they started following me on Twitter!  They're a pop rock band from Iowa and their EP, To You and Yours, came out on iTunes June 3rd 2012 with a single, "Everything (I Want to Know)," released in April.

If I had to compare their sound in "Everything (I Want to Know)"...I'd say it's a mix between Cartel and Versecity.  They're nice to listen to, but at the same time they're one of those bands I would only listen to as opposed to wanting to see.  They definitely fit the pop genre, fitting the formula perfectly, which I love.  The vocals are very nice, smooth and pleasant with good hooking melodies.

"Not Tonight" has a good head bopping sound.  I feel like it sounds a little bit more like A Rocket to the Moon.  What's weird is that I think they're good, but I really want to like the more because even though I like their sound, they're still missing something.  With this particular song, I think they have a little too much of the pop element and could use a little more rock.  They have potential of going into the direction of Mayday Parade.

Right now, no tours have been announced, so they've been traveling around the US promoting their music.  If you see them, you should take a listen and give them a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment