Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I (Really) Can't Believe I Like: Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"


I don't think anyone understands how mad I am at myself that I have fallen under the spell of this cursed song by T-Swizzle.  Yes I call her T-Swizzle cause she's my homie, y'all.  See?


If you don't believe me that I didn't like it at first: here is proof (and read the review while you're at it because Luis makes some valid points).

I heard the song once from Luis's blog, and I wasn't a fan of it like I said in my comment.  However, I didn't deny the fact that it was catchy, and I don't know how it happened but I found myself singing the chorus over and over and over and over again.  I had watched several covers of the song by other people, and somehow it just became imprinted on my brain.  It's so damn catchy and easy to learn that it didn't take long for me to learn the chorus by the next time I heard it on the radio - I even got it stuck in my sister's head, and she hates me for it.

It really doesn't surprise me that this song went to number one on iTunes because look, I'm 21 years old and I find myself singing it for no reason, just imagine little teenage girls who actually love T-Swizzle.  Not to mention that I was with some college friends this weekend, and they LOVE this song and blasted it for everyone to sing along to.  Curse you, T-Swizzle, even some of my jock friends love your song.

Even though I don't condone the fact that her source material for a majority of her songs are her real life love drama, it doesn't disregard the honesty and relatable-ness of her songs.  For this particular song, many people have experienced break ups and this addresses the feeling spot on.  For my own curiosity, I really wonder who this song is about.  Maybe the "indie label" lyric can be of some help?

I'm really ashamed that I like this song now.  It hasn't even been a week since I declared my dislike for it, and now look at me.  I wanna play the song right now and dance in my room singing at the top of my lungs.  So, thank you to everyone who contributed to this epic downfall of myself (Bobby Mares, Tyler Ward, and the Bennett Brothers).


PS.  I'm not trying to hate on T-Swizzle.  I am not a fan of her, but I'm not trying to bash her.  Most of the things I wrote in this post are exaggerated, so don't take me TOO seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment