Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Endless Summer


Band number twenty-two on Siri's "Bands to Listen to" list: The Endless Summer.  These four guys of alternative pop rock followed me on Twitter, so yes of course I checked them out.

Right off the bat, their sound sort of remind she of the softer side of Mayday Parade with a pinch of A Rocket to the Moon, and we know how much of a sucker I am for that type of sound.  It's so pleasant and it makes me believe more in the concept of love (cheesy and quirky I know but for real).  Nick Bacon's vocals are crisp and smooth sounding and it sounds as if he's serenading to you.  I really like the fact that these guys write songs that serenade to a girl because it's heart warming and a good way to hook fans.  Even the music alone makes you wanna cuddle with that special someone and gaze at the stars (another cheesy sentiment I know, I apologize).

Overall, they've got a good beat that I can easily dance and jump around to, and I would wanna see these guys live so I can do just that in the crowd.  Also, I can't help but envision the same type of performance Disco Curtis used to give when they were still a band - still giving great energy with slower songs.

The Endless Summer sounds like they're on the right track to becoming big, so I wanna see where they go!  If you're not ready to "like" The Endless Summer on Facebook yet, you can go to their Purevolume page to listen to their music.  They released their Daydream EP this past March, and you can download their single, "Satellites," for FREE!  It looks like they don't have any tours planned right now, but they have a show coming up on August 11th in Joplin, MO so go if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment